15 Days 80 Hour certified Yoga Teacher Training Course
We are very happy to offer you this 2 weeks Ashtanga Yoga Teacher program as a continuing education program for Yoga teachers and Yoga practitioners interested in deepening their Ashtanga Vinyasa self practice and their understanding of the style to teach it in a better way.
Our two experienced Ashtanga Yoga teachers Sudha Mukti and Noor will teach you all aspects of this strong Yoga style. In the first week you will have LED Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga classes in the morning. In the 2nd week we move to Mysore style.
During the rest of the day you will have theory classes and practical Workshops on the various aspects of Ashtanga Yoga.
In the course, you will learn:
- history and theory of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga
- Ashtanga Yoga Beginning and Ending Prayer
- Sanskrit counting
- Ujjayi Breath
- Ashtanga Yoga sequence
- Cueng, Alignment, adjustments, variations and correct pushing techniques for Ashtanga Yoga Asanas
- Teaching LED classes for beginners and intermediate students
- Mysore style
- strong self practice
This course is for:
- Yoga teachers who want to get trained in teaching and practicing Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga
- Yoga practitioners interested in developing their Ashtanga Yoga practice
- anyone wanting to spend 2 weeks in an Indian Ashram in Rishikesh with a Strong Ashtanga Yoga practice
- For Yoga Alliance registered Yoga teachers who want to get certified Continuing Education Hours
In addition to the Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga classes, the theory classes and workshops, we will also participate in the Routine of the Ashram that we stay in.
This includes morning meditation, Fire Ceremony, three meals and an evening program with Satsang, Kirtan and Meditation.
Sunday is off and we will take you for some fun activities and sightseeing in Rishikesh
For the last 2 days we take you for an excursion to the holy city of Varanasi.
Rishikesh is located on the holy Ganges in the Himalayan foothills. Surrounded by forest and mountains, the town consists of a colourful collection of temples, ashrams and yoga schools. Pilgrims from all over India and abroad assemble here to take a holy bath in the Ganges and perform religious ceremonies. You can find Sadhus (holy men) in deep meditation on small rocks on the river banks. The daily evening puja ceremony is a must attend with shining candles floating on the river, and Hindu prayers chants and mantras ringing everywhere.
The atmosphere of the town is contagious and one automatically becomes a part of it and delves into an intensive yoga practice in a disciplined and structured routine.
In this wonderful town is the equally beautiful and quaint Anand Prakash Ashram.
Here all aspects of yoga are brought together and the two yoga classes a day are a wonderful combination of asanas, pranayama and meditation.
The ashram provides a good setting for a healthy yogic lifestyle with a regular daily routine, delicious vegetarian food, yoga lessons and ashram events, such as the morning fire puja (prayer) and kirtan chants.
Day 1 (Sat)Independent arrival from your country, transfer to Hotel in Delhi
Day 2 (Sun) Onward journey to Rishikesh and entry to the Ashram.
You will be received by us at the airport and taken to the hotel in Delhi. After some rest and relaxation, our trip to Rishikesh continues with a private mini-bus ( journey time is 6 hours). In the evening we arrive for dinner at the Ashram. (F/M/A)
Day 3 (Mon) to 13 (Do) Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Course at Ashram
We enjoy the next 11 days in the ashram with daily morning meditation, Ashtanga yoga classes, the fire ceremony, lectures, workshops, three healthy yogic meals, outings and an evening ashram program. (Kirtan, Satsang, Sound Meditation, Singing Bowl Concert)
5:20-5:50 – guided meditation
6:00-7:45 – Asthanga Yoga classes (LED and Mysore style)
8:00 – Fire Ceremony
8:30-9:00 – Breakfast
9:30 – 12:00 –Asthanga Yoga Theory classes (History, Philosophy, Alignment, method of teaching)
12:30 – Lunch
1-2:00 – Self Study, Rest
2:00-3:30 – Ashtanga Yoga Theory and Workshop
3:30-4:00 Tea Break
4:00- 6:00 Ashtanga Yoga teaching practicum
6:00 – Dinner
7:00-8:00 – Kirtan / Satsang/ Singing Bowls Concert, meditation
Sunday will be off and we take you for some fun activities and Sightseeing.
Day 14 (Fri)Flight to Varanasi
In the morning we take the flight from Delhi to Varanasi, the holiest city in India for Hindus. Here we will take a guided walk to the baths and burn ghats at the Ganges and watch the fire ceremony from the boat in the evening. The graduation ceremony for the course also happens on this day.
Day 15 (Sat)Varanasi and flight to Delhi/onward flight back home
Early in the morning we get back on the boat. This time it’s a little further up river to watch another fire ceremony.
Afterwards we can participate in a public yoga class.
Until the evening, the day remains free for further sightseeing and shopping. In the evening, the flight goes to Delhi. Independent departure home.
The journey begins and ends in Delhi at the international airport.
- (Early arrival or late departure) 1 x hotel room with breakfast in Delhi (double room)
- 1 night in Varanasi with sightseeing without meals
- Total transport with 2 domestic flights
- Ashram in Rishikesh:
- 12 x overnight stays in a double or three-man room with attached bathroom
- 3 x daily healthy, vegetarian meals
- 1 x daily yoga class
- Participation in ashram activities (Kirtan, Chanting, Fire Ceremony, Meditation)
- filtered water
- 14 nights accommodation in a double room with attached bathroom
- 2 weeks 80 Hour Yoga teacher Training course certified with Yoga Alliance with Course Material
- certificate (continuing education hours with Yoga Alliance)
- International flight
- not mentioned meals
Fixed group departure:
1550 € per person in a double room (4-16 Participants) There are few single rooms for a surcharge available, Please inquire.
YACEP (Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider), Course Facilitator and Yoga Teacher: Sudha Mukti and Noor
Sudha Mukti will coordinate all your classes, theory and practical session. Both her and Noor are trained Ashtanga Yoga teachers and very passionate about this strong technique. Both trained with very experienced Ashtanga Yoga teachers all over India.
To experience different teaching styles we will also participate in classes with other Ashtanga Yoga teachers in Rishikesh.
The ashram was founded by Yogirishi Vishvketu in 2007 and offers a protected space for an intense spiritual yoga practice. It is located in Rishikesh, within walking distance of the sacred Ganges River.
In total there are 21 simple rooms with attached bathroom and balcony, if desired also air-conditioned. The large yoga hall is flooded with light and covered with wood and bamboo, providing a very bright and clean, sheltered space for practice. There is also another yoga hall and a roof terrace for workshops and meditation.
The ashram has a prayer area where the sacred fire ritual takes place every morning. There is also a library, a reception, as well as a dining room.
Wi-Fi and filtered water are available.
Please note the dress code: Knee and shoulder-covered clothing are required, preferably in white.
From 9:00 pm until after breakfast, the rest period must be observed.
What to bring
- loose and light clothes (knee and shoulder covered, preferable white or light colours)
- one schal
- thick socks
- sun glasses
- toiletries (sun lotion) and small medical kit ( in Rishikesh you can get anything)
- passport (copy), credit or ATM card, some cash in your currency ( 50-100 €),
- mobile phone, camera, charger (no adapter), maybe laptop
- notebook, writing material
- lots of curiosity and excitement