15 Days 80 Hour certified Teacher Training Course
Ayurveda and Yoga are two interconnected traditional Indian health systems for the wellness of the body, mind and spirit. These two sister sciences support each other to provide the Yoga practitioner or Ayurveda patient with a wholesome healing system.
Both -Yoga and Ayurveda- originate from the Sat Dharmas- the six Orthodox philosophies in India, and are more than 5000 year old systems based on the Samkhya Philosophy. Both focus on holistic health, called Swastha, including physical, mental and spiritual health.
Together they create the perfect mix of practices and treatments to bring more value in your life.
In this 80 Hour certified Ayurveda Yoga teacher training, you will learn how to integrate Ayurveda in your and your students’ Yoga practice and daily routine and will be able to create Yoga classes according to the principles of Yoga with focus on the three- Prakriti (nature), ritu (season) and pahar (daytime).
Moreover you will be trained in giving private Yoga Ayurveda Sessions for your clients as well as Ayurveda-Yoga health coaching to improve or maintain your clients health.
In this course you will learn:
- Ayurveda History and Philosophy
- Ashtang Ayurveda
- Anatomy in Ayurveda (Sharir Rachana)
- Basic Principles of Ayurveda
- Concept of Tridosha
- Prakruti / Constitution
- Mala or Waste products
- Ojas, Tejas, Prana
- Digestion and Metabolism
- Ayurveda Lifestyle according to the Doshas, Prakriti and Vikriti, seasons, age and time of the day
- The Interrelation between Yoga and Ayurveda
- Ayurveda Nutrition with Ayurveda cooking classes
- Ayurveda Dincharya (daily routine)
- small Ayurveda Herbology
- Ayurveda Massage (Abhyangha) and other treatments
The course will be a mix of theoretical and practical sessions.
This course is for:
- trained Yoga teachers who want to add the concepts of Ayurveda to their teachings
- Health care professionals, who want to upgrade and deepen their knowledge in the field of Ayurveda
- everyone interested in adding Ayurveda and Yoga into their lifestyle
- For Yoga Alliance registered Yoga teachers who want to get certified Continuing Education Hours
Greens Ayurveda is a small well reputed spa clinic in the southern State of India: Kerala. Here you will not only learn Ayurveda from Ayurveda Experts, but also live the Yoga and Ayurveda Lifestyle in a beautiful setting under Palm trees near the Arabian sea. This course is hence, a refreshing break with innumerable benefits :). Kerala is known as the center of Ayurveda, and Greens Ayurveda is one of the best Ayurveda therapy and education centers in India.
The chief physician Dr. C. P. Asghar and his team of doctors and therapists are experienced and knowledgeable and provide comprehensive care and training to patients and students.
The complex has clean and well-equipped air-conditioned rooms. In addition, there is a recreation area, dining room, a hospital with several rooms, airy classrooms, roof terrace, herb garden, library, and a guest kitchen. The center is only 400 meters from the beach and is located in a small village, surrounded by green palm forests.
Day 1 Arrival
Upon arrival at the airport you will be greeted by the Course Leader Sudha Mukti and taken to the Ayurveda Clinic. After some rest, we have lunch and show you around the area and introduce you to the entire team. In the Afternoon we will have our first theory lecture followed by meditation and dinner.
Day 2-14 Ayurveda Yoga teacher Training Course
An intense program consisting of Yoga classes and Theory and practical Ayurveda sessions awaits you during these two weeks. The detailed schedule is mentioned below.
Sunday will be off and we will take you for some sightseeing.
Day 15 Departure
After the graduation ceremony it is time to say good bye and there is a transfer to the airport.
7:00 – 8:30 yoga and meditation
8:30 – 9:30 Breakfast
9:30 – 1:00 Ayurveda session 1 (15 min break) practical and theoretical
1:00 – 3:00 Lunch break
3:00-4:30 Ayurveda session 2 (practical or theoretical)
4:30- 5:00 Break
5:00- 7:00 Ayurveda/Yoga Session 3 (practical)
8:00 – 9:00 Dinner
- 14 nights accommodation in a double room with attached bathroom
- 2 weeks 80 Hour Yoga teacher Training course certified with Yoga Alliance with Course Material
- certificate (continuing education hours with Yoga Alliance)
- ayurvedic consultation with Dosha determination, imbalance analysis and treatment recommendations
- Full board (traditional/vegetarian /Ayurvedic)
- filtered water
- Laundry service and free Wi-Fi
- daily yoga and meditation classes
- Access to the Ayurvedic Library
- Cultural Shows
- 1 day excursion on Sunday
- 1 Abhyanga
- airport transfers
- Course Leader
- International flight to and from Calicut Airport (we will be happy to assist you with your flight booking)
Fixed Group dates:
Dates will be announced shortly
1499 € per person (4 to 16 participants) Single supplement: 250 €
The following 2 weeks intense courses are also available (throughout the year). Please inquire for more information:
- Ayurvedic Cooking and Nutrition
- Ayurveda Pharmacy
- Ayurveda Massage
- Ayurveda Marma Chakra and Massage
- Ayurveda Beauty Program
YACEP (Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider), Course Facilitator and Yoga Teacher: Sudha Mukti
Together with the trained staff in Greens Ayurveda, Sudha Mukti will teach the practical and theory classes, as well as the daily morning Meditation and Yoga class.
About the region
Kerala is home to many Christians, so you can not only visit Hindu temples and mosques, but also visit many churches. In many places you almost feel like in southern Europe, because many Portuguese settled here during the colonial period and traded.
From November to March it is pleasantly warm and you only need light clothing. On most beaches of Kerala you can swim in normal swimwear. On beaches just outside, it is advisable to put on a T-shirt. Women in particular often attract unwelcome glances from local and Indian tourists, as it is not common for women in India to show too much skin. From March, temperatures will rise and it will be humid, so you should sweat a lot and pay attention to your circulation. From June to the end of September is the rainy season and many seasonal accommodations and restaurants have closed. It rains quite heavily during this time.
Things to bring
- light knee and shoulder covering clothes (thighs and Tunika, Shirt and wide pants, knee covering dresses (shorts and tops possible as well
- clothes for Yoga
- old clothes (under garments, shirts, pants) for the treatments with oil and pastes
- scarf or schal
- sandals or slippers
- sunglasses, sun cream, head
- own toiletries, but not too much, as many Ayurveda products are available here
- small bag/backpack for excursion
- passport (copy), credit or debit card, cash in your currency (ca 50 €)
- camera, phone, charger (no Adapter needed)
- notebook and writing material
- swimming clothes, towel